Vienna as an innovation area does not end at the city limits. A larger "Vienna Innovation Area" is important and useful in the efforts to become one of the most important European research and innovation metropolises, including the networking of research communities.
The province of Lower Austria finances the project costs of the Lower Austrian partner institution in the "Joint Projects" proportionally. Having the province of Lower Austria on board for tenders brings more competition and the possibility to establish new collaborations. This is a valuable gain for all participants.
How does our cooperation look like?
- Cooperation period from 2019-2022
- Maximum total amount of € 3 million i.e. up to € 1 million per year
- Maximum project funding up to € 1 million per year to Lower Austrian project partners
- Our aim is to receive applications in which partner institutions cooperate on an equal footing
- A somewhat higher total funding amount - compared to the purely Vienna-based WWTF applications - is intended to serve as an incentive for cooperative projects
- The share for Vienna partner institutions is paid by the WWTF from its own funds, the Lower Austrian share is financed from the trust funds of the province of Lower Austria