The 12th Vienna Research Groups for Young Investigators call 2021 is issued for up to two group leader position as part of the WWTF’s Cognitive Sciences programme.
- It addresses Vienna-based universities and research institutions that intend to hire an excellent young researcher from abroad for setting-up and managing an independent research group. Active recruitment procedures are mandatory.
- This group must address substantial state-of-the-art scientific research questions in the area of Cognitive Sciences incl. Neurosciences and advance the systematic understanding of cognitive processes in humans, animals and/or artificial cognitive systems.
- WWTF especially encourages Vienna-based research institutions to propose female group leaders.
- WWTF takes unconventional research careers into consideration.
- WWTF in total grants up to two positions with up to € 1.6 million per research group for six to eight years of funding.
For more details please refer to the VRG21 Call Fiche, the "Funding Guidlines for the Vienna Research Groups Programme" and to the "Guide for Writing a Proposal for the Vienna Research Groups Programme", both available online at www.wwtf.at.
All interested parties are cordially invited to an online Proposers’ Day on April 7, 2021, 10 am - 12 noon (please contact us for registration).
For current advertisments of Viennese research institutions please follow the following links:
Medical University of Vienna:
University of Vienna:
Contact: Donia Lasinger