FEMAC is a 3-semester coaching programme for female postdoctoral researchers at the University of Vienna and is held in English.
The programme combines coaching with locally experienced coaches and workshops and networking events, which will be held by international trainers. As the setting is built on coaching groups, a focus lies on interaction and exchange of experiences among the fellow coachees.
FEMAC is based on …
- interdisciplinary group coaching (a groups consist of one coach and up to four coachees)
- transfer of strategic and structural knowledge in specific soft skills workshops and networking events
- collaboration with national and international experts in counselling for academics.
FEMAC aims at …
- offering female postdocs a space to consider their actual profile, academic standing and their future career
- de-individualising experiences of gender-based discrimination in academia
- supporting female researchers in reaching their professional goals.
FEMAC embraces …
- creating peer networks
- transparent academic support mechanisms
- fixing the “leaky pipeline”